China Hotel Industry Market Monitoring Monthly Report, January, 2013
Form of services:Book + (pdf or doc file) + CD
Send method:EMS 2-3 days for delivery
English Service:+86 0755 33220413
Chinese Service:+86 800-8306390 800-8306395
Report price:$26000 Print: $25800 CD: $25900
This table of content is original, without written permission of Qianzhan, any unit or individual shall not use, copy, or transfer the reports.
Table of Content
The average hotel booking price jumps up in January, 2012 comparing with that of last month. Among which the economy hotel increases most which is 8.54% and the five-star hotel comes next. January is the coldest month in winter, warm winter in southern China and snow in northern China are both popular for tourism. Hotel price in top ten favorite tourist cities change significantly especially for the economy hotel.
The average hotel booking price increases in January because of the two traditional festivals in this month—New Year and Spring Festival, especially the Spring Festival. Current these years, travel for Spring Festival is more and more popular. The increasing travel demand promotes the growth of hotel demand in tourist cities.
The average hotel booking price increases in top ten favorite tourist cities in January. For the growth of economy hotel Sanya region ranks first while for the five-star hotel Shanghai region ranks first. View from the distribution of top ten favorite tourist cities, target tourist cities still concentrate in southern warm winter and northern snow scene.
According to the tourist star-grade hotel re-evaluation from Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism Development, there are 131 star-grade hotels which cannot reach the star-grade standard and be canceled. Among the 131 hotels number of five-star is 1, four-star is 12, three-star is 55, two-star is 56 and one-star is 7. Star-grade is canceled for many well-known hotels like Kingyu Wanhao Hotel, Longhu Hotspring Hotel, Beiyuan Hotel and Huandao Boya Hotel.
The low-star-grade hotel has faced unprecedented stress and challenge when the high-end brand hotel and economy hotel spring up like mushroom. It is beat in the re-evaluation. Main reasons for the star-grade cancel are: improper management, poor service, potential safety hazard, poor health quality and delayed facilities and equipment maintenance. Besides, part of the hotel-star-grade is canceled because of changing management nature and close for refurbishment.
View from overall recheck condition we can find four-star or above hotel with more advantages than low-star-grade hotel, that facilities and equipment maintenance, service and management quality as well as occupancy rate and average price are better. Overall management of three-star or above hotel is obviously better than that of one or two star grade hotel. The overall operation state of low-star-grade hotel develops slowly or even declines.
The information management and e-business marketing capability is weak for low-star hotel. The low-star hotel lacks of a unified platform to integrate resources and co-marketing while the economy hotel develops well. It is in dilemma in front of fierce competition.
As a matter of fact, hardware facilities of low-star-grade hotel are better than economy hotel. It will be better and easier for the low-star-grade hotel to transform and operate as economy hotel. The economy hotel simplifies the management of hardware facilities in order to save capital and human resource to improve hotel core service quality. It can be a reference for low-star-grade hotel. For example, the hotel lobby simply keeps clear, easy and bright, and the well-being facility and washhouse can be outsourced or removed. It will save much resource.
Presently, the low-star-grade hotel should pay a certain amount of time and cost to renew the facilities as it may loss the star-grade if the facilities cannot meet the requirement. However, for the low-star-grade hotel which business running is so-so it is stressful and maybe delayed to renew the facilities.
Market segmentation is important especially for the stressful low-star-grade hotels. Clear the market positioning and meet the market demand are necessary for the long-term development.
Many low-star-grade hotels take steps to new development ideas. The current feature or trend for star-grade hotels is concern of environmental protection and energy saving. The renewed lighting and material facilities will use energy saving and environmental friendly products; environmental protection new technology will be introduced into hardware transformation, such as replace the traditional kitchen stove and the steam cabinet by energy saving type, the lighting by LED lighting and the disposable washing articles by nonexpendable packing. Data shows that such measures will save more than 2 million Yuan per day. Among the hotels the low-star-grade hotel takes a certain proportion. Haikou tourism authorities advocate the construction of environmental protection hotel. Such policy will be a new chance and attempt to pioneer a new development path for hotels.
Qianzhan Business Information Co., Ltd. Industry Research Center
Research and Monitoring Team of Hotel Industry
Toll Free in China: 8008306390 +86 0755-82925195 Or email us: email@example.com
We will wholeheartedly at your service!
China Hotel Industry Monthly Report" related reports »
- China Hotel Industry Market Monitoring Monthly Report
- China Hotel Industry Market Monitoring Monthly Report, January, 2013
- China Budget Hotel Industry Market Monitoring Monthly Report
- China Hotel Industry Market Monitoring Monthly Report, February, 2012
- China Tourist Attraction Development and Operation Pattern & Investment Opportunity Report, 2013-2017
- China Coastal Tourism Industry Market Foresight and Investment Strategy Report, 2013-2017
- China Travel Agency Industry Indepth Research and Investment Strategy Planning Report, 2013-2017
- China Tourist E-Commerce Industry Market Demand Forecast and Investment Risk Analysis Report, 2013-2017
- China Condo Hotel Industry Prospect and Investment Forecast Report, 2013-2017
- China Hotel Industry Development Prospects and Investment Strategy Report, 2013-2017
- China Tourism Industry Market Prospects and Investment Strategy Planning Report, 2013-2017
- China Theme Hotel Industry Market Prospects and Investment Strategic Planning Report, 2013-2017
1. English Service: +86 0755 33220413
2. Chinese Service: +86 8008306390 8008306395
3. Mail Order: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Online Order: Click "Order Now" button on this page
5. Purchase On-site: 19F Block A, First World Plaza, Hongli West Rd, Futian District, Shenzhen China
- 1. Please be aware of " Qianzhan " trademark, qianzhan has never used any third to sell reports, please make a phone call and purchase it directly.
- 2. You are warmly welcome to visit Qianzhan, and close transaction after confirmation.
- ·Energy and Environment»
- New Energy Natural Gas Energy Conservation Water Resources Coal Electricity Others
- ·Recreation and Sports»
- Education Advertisement Film and Television Publication Packing and Printing Sports Resort Hotel Catering Internet Animation Others Media
- ·Transport Logistics and Supporting»
- Water Transport Airport Road Transport Logistic Distribution Vehicle and Fittings Post-Market Others
- ·Medical and Health»
- Medical Device Biomedicine Medical Institution Healthcare and Nursing Medicine and Pharmacy Others
- ·Retail or FMCG»
- Retail Commercial Trade Food Beverage Dairy Product Seasoning Wine and Tobacco Cosmetics Cleaning Product Daily Necessities Others
- ·Real Estate and Construction»
- Real Estate Real Estate Intermediary Public Safety Construction Engineering Survey and Design Building Materials Housing Accomodation Others
- ·Mechanical Manufacturing»
- Precision Instrument Transport Instrument Electricity Supporting Equipment Special Equipment General Equipment Others
- ·New Chemical Material»
- Ink and Pigment Coating Chemical Fibres Synthetic Fibres Chemicals Industrial Chemicals Rubber Plastics Basic Chemicals Others
- ·Light Textile and Clothing»
- Luxury Jewelry Leather Raw Materials Shoes and Hats Clothing Textile Others
- ·Household Appliance and IT»
- White Goods Optic Instrument Electrical Component Semiconductor Brown Goods Small Appliances Communication IT Consumer Electronics Others
1. The copyright of this report is reserved by Qianzhan Business Information Co., Ltd. (Industry Research Institute of Qianzhan), the shipment and post-sale service is handled by the issue department of Qianzhan Business Information Co., Ltd. (Industry Research Institute of Qianzhan). The only copyright of all research report products of our company is reserved; we did not authorize any third party sales agent, if you are to purchase our report, please contact our customer service directly.
2. A limited of customers are offered with our reports with compensation; those reports are only for internal usage and are only for researching and analyzing purposes. We will not be responsible for any misunderstanding or legal issues caused by external usage or references with the report.More>>